Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Sew-Along #7 - Penny Dress - Meet Your Instructor


 The Penny Dress by Modkid


Hi y'all!  My name is Kara and I am a Texas girl at heart (born and raised right outside of Houston) but I currently live in Central Kentucky.  I blog over at leighlee where I share some of my sewing projects and pattern reviews.  I started sewing about 20 years ago just for something different to do and that has turned into a little sewing business.  I have 3 cute kids and an awesome and supportive husband, I would be a mess without him!  I have a Facebook page with some of my creations here so go check it out!






Sewing started out as something fun to do to pass the time, but has turned into a passion for me! I love learning new techniques, about fabric, and challenging myself with new patterns.  I have been lucky enough to pattern test and review, so that keeps my curiosity for learning fulfilled. 







I hope to give you some pointers you haven't heard before, but most of all I hope we have fun together!  The online sewing community is an amazing group of people that are so supportive and encouraging, I love that I get to be a part of it!  It feels so amazing to have a built in support system of people that I don't personally know (even though I feel like some of you are my BFF's!).  Thanks for sewing with me and please let me know if you have any questions.  I am so excited to get to work with you, you just can't even imagine!!!!



My family is SO important to me, I had to show you a picture of them!  These people are my world and keep me going, where in the world would I be without them???

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

#navbar-iframe{ display:none !important;}